SU Podium V2.5 Plus Tutorials
Page contents - Tutorial categories:
Getting started: Introduction to rendering in SU Podium V2:
This five part introduction is recommended for new users, and provides a detailed overview of the complete Podium render process.
- Part 1 - Overview
- Part 2 - Textures/Materials
- Part 3 - Lighting
- Part 4 - Geometry Detailing
- Part 5 - Night Rendering
Quick Start: Interior Rendering - This quick start tutorial is primarily for new customers looking for methods to develop good interior images. The tutorial will apply the use of presets, the different type of lighting and examine Podium material properties.
Quick Start: Exteriors - A short video series introducing users to exterior rendering in Podium.
Quick Start: Applying Podium Materials - An introduction to applying Podium materials to SketchUp faces and groups. This tutorial will also introduce you to EditInPlace,
Interior and Exterior Lighting
LEM Lighting Tutorials
Podium Material Properties
- Material UI and Basics
- Diffuse, Reflection, and Transparency explained
- Common material settings
How to use Podium render presets
- Choosing the right preset
- Preset comparison page
- How to get rid of blotches with the QMC preset
- Non-standard and legacy presets download page
- Modifying and creating presets with Podium Preset Editor (PPE)
- Modify tonemapping settings in PPE
Podium Panorama Resources
- Main Panorama page
- Intro video - Getting started with panoramic rendering
- Podium Panorama Server - Free panorama hosting platform.
- Create line overlays with CubicVR
- Uploading and embedding Panoramas on Facebook
- Panorama Tours - Link Panoramas together to create a room-to-room walkthrough presentation.
- Using post-processing to finalize your render
- Basic light bloom effect in Photoshop
- Introducing Podium Image Editor
- Imitating photographic depth of field in PIE
Stepping up to the Podium series with Nick Harvey
In this series, Podium team member examines user-submitted models/renders, describes how they can be improves, and then implements the changes to produce a new and improved image. Touches all aspects of the Podium render process including design/framing, materials, lighting, backgrounds, and Post-processing.
Podium Browser related:
Other tips and tutorials: