SU Podum V2.5- What's New?
SU Podium V2.5.5 is a free update for existing V2.5.x users but only works with SketchUp 2018, 2017 or 2016. It includes the following new features and fixes:
1. Improved Generate Script with relative file paths - Podium's generate script tool gives you the ability to output a .SCRIPT file that can be opened later on in OOPR. Podium has always had the ability to generate scripts, however until now it has used absolute file references, making it impossible to share .SCRIPT files between computers.
Generate now outputs a folder containing the materials and textures from your SketchUp model, and a .script file that uses relative file paths. The advantage being, you can now send your .script and textures folder to any computer with access to Podium/OOPR. Previously, .scripts files could only be run on the computer used to generate them.
Send your .scripts and texture folder to a faster computer and free up your PC or Mac.
2. Defringe feature in PIE - Podium image editor now has a defringe feature used to clean up the edges of Podium images rendered with a transparent alpha channel. This is not always necessary, however transparent images (often those containing a lot of vegetation) end up with a noticeable "fringe" along the edge of the alpha channel.
3. PIE supports HDR format. Podium Image Editor now supports HDR file format.
4. Upload directly to the Panorama Server from PIE - Starting in v2.5.5, Podium Image Editor will include an option to upload a panoramic render directly to the Podium panorama server (described above). Generate a unique URL for you Pano VR automatically without leaving Podium.
New to Panorama? Read about it here.
5. Panorama Server - use directly from PIE or from Tools or from your web page.
We've set up a web based hosting platform for your panorama renders.
The Podium Panorama server is now ready to use! Simply click through to the pano server webstite register with a username and password, an start uploading your panoramic renders.
Easily store and share your panoramas - When you upload an equirectangular image, the pano server automatically generates a unique URL that you can easily share with clients and colleagues.
Organize your projects - Create a free account and access all your panorama files from the same page. Sort your images into categories and organize your portfolio of panorama presentations.
Automatically convert panoramic render to VR presentation - The web platform automatically converts your equirectangular panorama render into a spherical panoramic VR presentation. You no longer need to convert your image in PIE if you are uploading to the pano server.
- Upload from the web or directly from PIE: Your choice. Upload your panorama from a web based inferface, or if you prefer do it all in SketchUp, simply convert and upload from Podium Image Editor.
- Distortion free: No more wavy lines! Our platform is designed to display your Podium panoramas as they're meant to be seen.
6. Preset Compare page We have created an interactive preset comparison page that will be accessible from the options dialog in v2.5.5 and above. This page will be a helpful resource for anyone learning how presets work in SU Podium, and uses a "slide-to-compare" widget to demonstrate the differences between any two presets for seven different lighting examples.
7. Unknown Symbol message fixed the unexplained "unknown symbol" message that produced black images or images with camera view facing in the wrong direction, has been fixed.
8. Podium Light System problem - fixed the problem with editing values for point ligths and spot lights has been fixed.
9. Everything else that is in SU Podium V2.5.1