Quick Tip - How to change Podium's default render settings
Question — "I usually generate a lot of views on every model. Everytime I create a new camera view (SketchUp scene) the rendering presets for that scene returns to a default. Is there a way to create a default setting for image size, preset selection, background, etc?"
Answer — Yes there is an easy way to redefine the defaults so that every new scene you create automatically uses those settings.
- Create a new SketchUp file with no scenes, or delete any existing scenes in the model. (It's important that there are no SketchUp scenes in the model.)
- Then open the SU Podium options dialog, choose all the settings you want to have as your defaults, and press save.
- These settings will become your new default settings.
Every new scene you create will automatically use those default settings, unless you open the options dialog to save new settings for a specific scene.
The specifics of how render settings are saved is presented with more detail in the above video.
Timestamps: Use the following links to jump to a specific topic
- 00:00 - Explanation of how settings are saved with scenes
- 02:45 - How to change the default render settings